No doubt you can think of a variety of ways to finish that sentiment – things you’ve always dreamed of doing, but put on the shelf until you have a chance to pursue them. But what about your senior loved ones? Don’t they still have dreams, aspirations, and hopes for the future as well?
Everyone needs a bucket list, and older adults are no exception. If one of your senior loved ones seems at a loss for new ideas to make life more exciting and fulfilling, try these suggestions to stimulate his or her wishful thinking:
- Adopt a new pet
- Try a new hobby, such as scrapbooking or painting
- Visit the town where he or she was born and raised
- Volunteer with a favorite charity
- Learn something new, such as a foreign language or musical instrument
- Create a legacy to pass down through writing memoirs
The important thing to keep in mind is that the activities should be ones your loved one is interested in, not just activities you think he or she should try regardless of your loved one’s wishes. North River Home Care would love to help jumpstart a bucket list conversation with your senior loved one, and then help to fulfill those goals! Give us a call at 781.659.1366 for more tips, or for hands-on assistance with making those dreams a reality.