The Alzheimer’s Association www.alz.org is offering a series of telephone forums to family caregivers. There is no cost for any of the forums.
The topics and times are as follows:
Practical Guide to Providing Home Care
Wednesday April 15th 1:00-2:00 pm
- Offers tips and tools for bathing, dressing, feeding, incontinence and oral care.
Responding to difficulties when providing care
Common Health Problems
Wednesday April 29th 1:00-2:00pm
- Signs and symptoms
- Assessing pain or discomfort
- How to respond and when to call the doctor.
Comfort and Care at the End-of-Life
Wednesday May 27 1:00-2:00pm
- Family discussions and decisions about end stage care
- Hospice and Palliative care
- Providing Comfort
To register for any of the phone forums call the Alzheimer’s Association at 800-272-3900.