North River Home Care is dedicated to our seniors and their families and is taking proactive measures to support our clients during this time. Because older adults are particularly vulnerable to COVID-19, we want to reassure our families and staff that we are monitoring this situation closely and taking precautions to help prevent the spread of the virus.
We have emergency preparations detailed for various scenarios to protect the health of our clients, our caregivers in the field, and our office staff. For the COVID-19 outbreak, we have a number of standards already in place that we are enforcing:
Home Aide Requirements
- Regular Hand Washing: Our home aides are trained on good hand-washing techniques. All home aides have received communication to regularly wash their hands with soap and warm water for at least 20 seconds.
- Sanitation: All of our home aids will be regularly disinfecting surfaces and ensuring proper sanitation to reduce germs in the home. Please make sure you have surface disinfectant available for use.
- Traveling Internationally: We are tracking the travel of our employees and watching for those who may have traveled overseas recently. Anyone coming back into the US will not be placed with our clients for 2 weeks after their arrival.
- In Contact With COVID-19: In the event that one of our caregivers comes into contact with someone who is diagnosed with COVID-19, we will mandate a self-quarantine for 14 days before they can return to work. We will also require a note from a doctor clearing a caregiver to work.
All North River Home Care employees are keeping an eye out for COVID-19 symptoms which include fever, cough and difficulty breathing, and will communicate to our management if anyone is showing symptoms.
Request For Our Clients & Families
Clients or family members should report to North River Home Care if they:
- Have traveled to a location on the CDC advisory list OR
- Are infected or being treated for possible infection of COVID-19
General Tips to Prevent Infection
The CDC recommends that everyone take the following precautions to prevent the spread of the virus:
- Wash hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds or use a hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol
- Avoid touching your face, eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands
- Cover all coughs and sneezes
- Routinely clean and disinfect objects and surfaces you contact
- Limit your contact with other people
As the COVID-19 situation changes, we will be in regular communication with all of our employees and will continue to follow guidelines from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, World Health Organization, and The Massachusetts Department of Public Health.
We remain committed to our clients and workers and will do whatever we need to ensure everyone’s safety and health.
If you have any other questions, please don’t hesitate to contact our office at any time.
Heather & Liam Kenney